Friday, June 15, 2007

Freaking Weather These Days

Weather is hard to predict. And it is changing. It has been hot for the past few days, and suddenly it rain very heavily today. I was caught in the rain without an umbrella, and rush to a nearby library to pass the time. It rained for almost an hour plus, and luckily in the library there is wireless connectivity that I can get online and do my work. 
Wireless Network made life mobile and convenience for people on the move. It is good that the government has this vision of turning the island into a wireless hub for its people to stay connect. The plan is already on the way. However, the quality of the network which I mean the bandwidth and stability of the network is questionable in some hot spot that have been set up.
I have encounter a few situation in the same public hot spot that the speed and connection is worst than a 56K modem dial up. This is true when there is a lot of people using the network. Somehow the people/engineer design the network did not take into consideration bandwith management and planning. What is worst is when I call the support line of the company, the staff told me he is only working part time, and there is nothing he can do. Service is free, and what would you expect for free.

No comments: